Sure Starts Developmental Programme for 2-3 Year Olds
This programme is for children in their pre-pre-school year. The programme focuses on constructive play in group settings to enhance children’s all round development. A central element of the programme is participation and involvement of parents. The programme runs from September to June much like a school/nursery year, with settling in starting in August.
- It is funded by the Department of Education
- It must operate 7.5 hours per week for between 38 – 40 weeks
- Session times must be 2.5 hours long, there are three sessions per week
- It operates at Dunanney Centre, Merville Garden Village and Abbeytown Square (Monkstown)
- It has an essential requirement that parents attend stay and play sessions/workshops once a month and home visits once per quarter.
Open days for the programme are held in January each year (see news section for dates, venues and times). Expression of interest forms are available at the open days and closing date for completing is normally around the beginning of February for the term starting September.